Everyone wants to live a long and healthy life. It takes conscious effort to achieve and maintain good health, and the effects can last your whole lifetime. Having an annual wellness exam is one of the most important things you can do for your body.
An annual wellness exam:
· Is vital for the early detection and prevention of diseases
· Provides time to review current medications and discuss side effects and benefits
· Gives you an opportunity to work with your doctor to change or adjust bad habits that can lead to poor health and long-term problems
· Ensures you are current with vaccines
· Offers the opportunity to measure cholesterol, blood sugar, and other indicators of potential problems through lab tests
Many times, we don’t seek medical help until a small problem has become a large one. Making the right choices for your body can eliminate a lot of pain and help extend your life! Prevention is the best way to avoid sickness. At your annual well exam, your doctor gets a chance to learn about you and your health history, so that you have a baseline in case of illness or injury.
A wellness visit may include:
· Weight and BMI
· Blood work and labs
· Urine analysis
· Discussion of lab results
· Blood pressure check
· Discussion of history and any concerns
· New prescriptions to address health issues
As a primary care physician, Dr. Ishan Gunawardene takes the time to get to know patients at their wellness exams, and is there throughout any hospital or rehabilitation stay to coordinate care and eliminate miscommunications among providers who don’t know your complete health history.
Advanced Medical Clinic provides comprehensive wellness exams with a doctor who will get to know you and be there when you need him. Call (561) 434-1935 for an appointment in Wellington or Royal Palm Beach, Florida today. We offer same day appointments.